THE DEPARTMENT of Health (DoH) reported 2,298 coronavirus infections on Monday, bringing the total to 385,400.
The death toll rose by 32 to 7,269, while recoveries increased by 87 to 348,830, it said in a bulletin.
There were 29,301 active cases, 82.5% of which were mild, 9.6% did not show symptoms, 2.8% were severe and 5% were critical.
Benguet reported the highest number of new cases at 188, followed by Davao City at 166, Rizal at 119, Quezon City at 116 and Bulacan at 91.
DoH said 11 duplicates had been removed from the tally, while 13 cases tagged as recovered were reclassified as deaths. It said 14 laboratories had failed to submit their data on Nov. 1.
There were 1,900 available beds in intensive care units, 13,500 isolation beds, 5,900 ward beds and 2,000 ventilators, it added.
Meanwhile, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario S. Vergeire said they have received the initial results of the pilot study for the SD Biosensor antigen testing for COVID-19 in Baguio City.
The results would be compared with tests done through reverse polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) to complete the study, she added.
Results from antigen tests come out faster at four to six hours compared with up to three days for the RT-PCR test.
Meanwhile, 155 coronavirus patients and 169 health personnel from five temporary treatment centers in Pasig City, Quezon City and Manila City were transferred to hotels before the typhoon, DoH said.
Makati, Pasay and Las Piñas also transferred patients to hotels and hospitals from their treatment centers, Health Director Gloria J. Balboa told an online news briefing.
Patients in quarantine facilities in Albay province were also transferred to public schools and evacuation centers, she said. — Charmaine A. Tadalan